We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any contact with us (e.g telephone call, email or showroom).
- Third parties where you have authorized this or the information is publicly available.
We will use your personal information only for the purpose we request it including to:
- Verify your identity
- Provide services and products to you
- Market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g by email for this purpose). You will have the opportunity to opt-out of future communications by clicking the unsubscribe link. If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, you can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill you and collect money that you owe us, including authorizing and processing credit card transactions
- Respond to communications from you
- Any other purpose authorized by you or the Act
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Police or any other person authorized by the Act or another law
- If you violate our Terms and Conditions
- Any other person authorized by you
Protecting your personal information
We will not under any circumstances release, sell, publish, or give away personal information to any other person or organisation unless required by law or subject to the consent of the information supplier. Information obtained from website users may be collated and used for statistical purposes, but will not identify the user in any way.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
We will not use any information collected about you from your use of the website referred to above unless you have actively agreed to it being used in a specific manner. takes care to ensure that it adheres to the provisions of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 and will only collect and use information from you on this website in accordance with the Act and the Privacy Act 1993.
Your credit card details are not retained.
We will not collect from you any sensitive information relating to the prohibited grounds of discrimination set out in the Human Rights 1993 (namely, sex, marital status, religious or ethical belief, colour, race, ethnic or national origins, disability, age, political opinion, employment or family status, sexual orientation), other than with your express consent or where collection is either authorised by law or is reasonably necessary to enforce the law or to establish or defend a legal claim.
You can request your personal information and correct it if it is wrong.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
- If you post your personal information on our website or any social media you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- Only employees of are able to access your information.
Our website records standard information such as time, date and URL of request (the web page you arrived from) via our web servers. This information is recorded by all web servers and is used to improve the functionality, structure and performance of our website. We analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services and the use which visitors make of this website.
When you use the website our server logs the following information, which is provided by your browser:
- your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet) or your personal IP address
- the type of browser and operating system you are using
- the domain name of the referring site (e.g. the previous Site that you visited).
This information does not personally identify you. We analyse this non-personal information for certain trends and statistics, such as which parts of the website users are visiting, which features or services are most popular and to measure the effectiveness of advertising. We do not disclose information about individuals except for the reasons set out above.
We may, at our discretion, update or revise this Policy from time to time. Any changes will take effect immediately once they are posted here.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com or by mail at
Batenburgs Gift Baskets